Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Default increasing water pressure blew up water softener

wrote:
Hi,

I have or had a water softener fitted about 4 years ago. It was
comissioned at the time and I believe the pressure was below the
maximum limit of 70 psi or else it would not have comissioned by
the istallers (waterside)

While on holiday it leaked a large amount of water onto my kitchen
floor due to a fractured collar seal. The softener engineer
measured the pressure and it's now 100 psi , which is way above
the limit for this device.

You have mains pressure at 100psi, eg nearly 7bar?
That sounds extraordinarily high to me, but IANAP