Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

Default Cat 5e telephone cable?

"John Carlyle-Clarke" wrote in message
.. .
I need to remake my internal phone wiring - the wiring I have is old
and damaged, and also very byzantine with redundant junction boxen and
sockets (I think there used to be two or more lines incoming) and
extension cables running over almost every architrave in the house.

What I want to do in this age of ADSL and DECT is simplify to a single
master socket by the PC with the phone base station & ADSL modem/router
plugged in.

If you intend moving your master socket, you might want to think twice about
using cable that was obviously not provided by BT.

uk.telecom might be a better ng.

--

Michael Chare