Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Why is it so hot inside my house?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Mr B
saying something like:

Any ideas? Or does the large amount of solid brick wall mean that I'm
condemned to very slow changes in temp?

That's about it, really. I'm cursed/blessed with 10" thick solid walls
too.

One thing you could do is to clad the outside with 2" of foamboard and
render, to cut down the heat soak. Allied with improved ventilation,
this would probably provide a solution.

The other side of the coin is, in wintertime your walls will absorb a
fair bit of heat and keep your internal temps reasonable.
--

Dave