Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Joshua Putnam

Default Ventless Washer Dryers

In article , says...
has anyone purchased a Ventless Combo Washer Dryer?

at least LG (Tromm) and Asko makes them, they are claimed to save electric use also
due to the fact they are ventless (thus no removal of indoor air where the HVAC system
has to work harder)

how well do they compare with traditional side-by-side separate washer/dryer units?

We have the LG Tromm and love it.

Yes, full wash-and-dry cycle can be 2+ hours, but the convenience is
worth it. Throw in a full load of dirty clothes, turn it on, go to
work, and come home to clean, dry clothes, no loading wet clothes into
the dryer.

Energy efficiency is excellent, does a good job on permanent-press, runs
quiet enough that I'll also put in a load of laundry before bed at night
and have it ready in the morning.

Part of the energy efficiency is the high-speed spin, don't remember how
many thousands of RPM at the top speed, so clothes start the dry cycle a
lot dryer than in a conventional machine.

My other favorite feature is the 'sanitary' cycle, rather than just
using hot tap water, it starts with hot tap water and heats it further,
not quite boiling but something around 190F. Does a great job on towels
and bedding, and it's hot enough it took red candle wax out of a
cotton/poly shirt that I thought one of my sons had ruined.

One other handy feature, it runs off a standard 120v/15A outlet, no need
for a highger-capacity dryer circuit.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/