Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad

Default Home Made UHF 50 Ohm Dummy Load

Hi,

I wish to make a 25 watt (short duty) 50 ohm dummy load for UHF 440Mhz
band. I have a UHF SWR meter and I have made dummy loads before, but they are
of little use at UHF frequencies due to internal capacitances in the
resistors. The only good dummy load I made that works very well at UHF is a
2 W 50 ohm straight carbon resistor solder on the inside of a PL259 connector.
I can use this as a 10W (short duty) dummy load as long as I make a brief
transmission.

I thought about putting five 2 watt 10 ohm straight carbon resistors in
series inside a copper tube which is soldered to the back of a PL259
connector. What are your thoughts about this idea?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.