Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bennett Price

Default Neighbor's Stereo System Interferes With CH2 TV Reception

A guess - maybe it's mechanical interference - neighbor is causing
some component in TV to shake/vibrate. Can you lift TV off floor/
stand/furniture and cause interference to stop?

---Pete--- wrote:
Hi all,
I have a background as an electronic technician and this issue
has me puzzled. My neighbor lives in a house about 25 feet from
my home. He plays his stereo so loud with RAP music that the
windows on his home rattle. The bass comes thumping into my
home at a level of -4db on a sound level meter range of 70db.
That's just to give you a general idea how loud he plays it.

Here's the part that puzzles me..
When he really cranks it up I'm getting interference on my TV
on Ch2 only. It looks 2 or 3 wide white horizontal bars that pulse
with the bass.

I have an antenna on my roof and no cable TV. How can an audo
system interfere with a TV signal when the frequency ranges are
so far apart?

---pete---