Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

Default Guitar manufacturing

"Geo" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
I agree. Watching Lynn's shows inspired me to take a big jump and
build my own guitar, following his process and a blueprint from
Stewart-McDonald. I even bought my spruce from the same guy that Lynn
got his from.

Link to my guitar project:
http://www.ccsi.com/~mbrown/Woodwork...ar_page_1.html

Michael Brown

Swingman wrote:
"Mike O." wrote in message
Here's a link to Taylor guitars that shows some of the manufacturing
process. If you're in to guitars the clips are interesting but I
also thought they might interest the woodworkers here. There are
several clips starting with the one on this link. I haven't watched
them all yet but the bending machines were pretty slick.

On that same subject, any woodworker should appreciate DIY channel's
"Handmade Music" and particularly the two series with Lynn Dudenbostel
the epitome of master woodworker/luthier.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Mike, what a terrific job. How does the guitar sound?

I found it interesting that he spent almost the same amount of money on
supplies and tools as he did on the guitar materials.

This was not a modest undertaking. It took considerable time and money.

Mr Brown should be complimented on this considerable accomplishment. Many
would not have taken on such a project. Or would have they finished such a
project. (That would include me at this stage of my life)