Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht

Default Why is it so hot inside my house?

"sm_jamieson" typed

charlieB wrote:
Any ideas? Or does the large amount of solid brick wall mean that I'm
condemned to very slow changes in temp?

Yes - we have a similar problem in a similar property - seems a bit
like living in a large storage heater in the current weather

Maybe it's the direct sun heating up the wall. Insulation on the
outside would help to reduce this effect, whilst maintaining the
advantages of the thermal mass effect.
Simon.

My house is cerainly not any cooler overnight since the wall cavities
and loft were insulated. :-( It's a 1930's red brick semi, with a dark
roof. It's intolerable overnight at present.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.