Old Nick

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:11:58 GMT, (Richard
Lewis) wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Hey Dick!

Arsenal (right after arsehole BTW) is in the _third_ instance a
manufactury. The first instance ios for storage. The second is a place
where troops hang out, but which will probably contain arms.

Again, only after that does the manufacture get mentioned.

Armoury. A place where arms are stored. An armourer's shop.

You are ****ing into the wind. They are so intermingled it's not worth
discussion.

Anyway. So what?

An "arsenal" is a place where firearms are constructed or maintained
and an "armory" is a place where they are stored. Doesn't matter what
the public has come to believe. While "armory" may be somewhat
confusing, "arsenal" actually means "house of manufacturing". A
building where arms were stored, at one time, would have been called a
"magazine", but I won't fault you if you pick up your copy of Boy's
Life and hope to argue that one.

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured
by man's. There would be nowhere to go.
Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.