Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Default Adding subwoofer to desktop ACS340

I'd guess these are similar to my ASC 45's and my ACS 45.1's with the input
on the sub and the volume control on the sattelite speakers, but yours
having an analog control instead of digital (knob instead of push
buttons)... I'm not sure how the handled that but the 45's and the 45.1's
have a simple pinout only using 5 wires. It is a type of din connector that
looks simiar to a ps-2 mouse or keyboard connector.

If your connector is a 5 pin connector I believe this should be the proper
wiring for it.
~~| |~~
2 / * _ * \ 3
1 \ * |_| * / 4
\ * / 5
~~~~~
GND
pin 1 speaker R
pin 2 speaker L
pin 3 speaker DOWN volume bottom
pin 4 speaker UP volume bottom
pin 5 LED Green

- Mike

"Simoc" wrote in message
ups.com...
RichK wrote:
Well, the line input is in the subW, from which it normally goes to the
L&R
speakers.

Hmm.. you probably mean that signal is normally fed there from L&R
spkrs?

The amp is really in the subW, only the controls are normally in
the L&R speakers (well one of them).

Then, I think that u just need to feed line signal to the input :-) I
don't think that you really need any other controls than volume in the
subw, since it plays only sub-low-range.