Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

Default Adding subwoofer to desktop ACS340

Simoc wrote:

RichK wrote:
Well, the line input is in the subW, from which it normally goes to the L&R
speakers.

Hmm.. you probably mean that signal is normally fed there from L&R
spkrs?

The amp is really in the subW, only the controls are normally in
the L&R speakers (well one of them).

Then, I think that u just need to feed line signal to the input :-) I
don't think that you really need any other controls than volume in the
subw, since it plays only sub-low-range.

The master volume control is on the right speaker, along with the
power switch (on the back), a LED power indicator and the bass and
treble controls. The left speaker is just that, a speaker.

I have the two small ACS340 speakers, but not the subwoofer if the OP
needs them.

I have two other Altec Lansing subwoofer models, but I don't know if
the small ACS340 speakers can be used with the ACS 295 or ACS 250 sub
woofers.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!