Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

Default Rounding Question

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:21:01 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

But, a few days back picked up a hand power planer at a HF sidewalk
sale. For $25, figured I couldn't go wrong.

So, figured next time Iturn something, rather than rounding it
first, or try rounding it in the lathe as before, I'd try using the hand
planer on the stock, while the lathe is running..

The question is: Has any of you used a hand power planer this way?
And, if so, any down side?

I'll be checking back. Thanks.

JOAT, you're a man among men if you pull it off. I'll keep my fingers
crossed for ya, as I don't think you'll be discouraged from doing it
no matter what anyone says. Myself, I think I'd get the wood round
first, then use the plane, but I'm overly fond of my appendages.

Good luck- and make sure someone else is around when you try it out.