Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

Default condo squeeking floor - howto silence?

I'm intetested in some ideas here. Sorry no help.

Had/have similar problme in 2-nd floor bedroom. Lifted up the carpet an add
nails, screws, etc. It got better, but did not eliminate all. Seems that
some of the squeaks are comming from the joists moving themselves. That's a
bigger project.

Regards,

RichK

wrote in message

I have a condo on the third floor of an eight year old building. The
floors are starting to squeek. I pulled up some carpet planning on
screwing down the sub-floor. However, my sub-floor has been coated
with a concrete layer (used for noise and fire control). How do I
locate the joists so I can screw down the subfloor to stop the
squeeking?

My thought was to locate the joists, bore out some concrete and screw
down then floor, then back-fill the concrete with self-leveling cement.
Is this a sound way to go?