Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Dow

Default Toshiba 329P8M Vertical Linearity Problem (Help!?)

There is no year indicated on this TV anywhere. It is a nice 32" with
Surround Sound.

The vertical linearity has become so poor now that it is no longer
watchable, but otherwise the TV is great.

There is a black band at the bottom of the screen and the bottom
half of the picture is all squished.

I read the user manual and there is no mention of the vertical
linearity. I took the back off of the set and there is no vertical
linearity control there, so I assume that it must be adjusted in
Service Mode.

I did a web search and found a couple of ways of entering Service Mode
and tried them, but they didn't work. (The one where you press Mute
three times then hold down Mute and press Menu? There is no Menu on this
TV.) (The one where you hold down 9 and press Channel Down? Didn't
work.) (There was another one: Hold down F and press Right Arrow
pointing into a Circle and enter 1046. Didn't work either.)

Please let me know if you know how to enter Service Mode on this set or
how the vertical linearity should be adjusted.

Thanks,

Bruce