Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Where do we draw the line? Musing about level, plumb and square.

"Arch" wrote in message
I bet I'm not the only one of us who has to make a deliberate effort to
make curved lines on a turning. If I don't watch it, my vessels will end
up with straight sides and sharp corners. People seem to seek level,
plumb and square in most things they make, but mother nature sure
doesn't. ex: a building vs a landscape. Well at least, buildings other
than Frank Gehry's and the deconstructionists' and trees other than
redwoods and tall pines.

I like to look at proper curves, but I'm straight....