Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default How to obtain carpet

wrote:
I have little experience in the acquisition of carpet and google
doesn't help much probably because I don't know the correct terms to
enter.

I have a room where I want to put what I'd call "office carpet" in one
piece 8'6" wide by 16'6" long. I want the carpet to be thin, which is
why I refer to "office carpet" and to have a rubber or similar
non-slip backing. I won't be putting down any underlayment and the
doors have to open over it. In addition I want it to be trimmed
(hemmed? bound?) with a leather or vinyl border sewn over the edge
around all four sides so it looks finished off. Color = a solid dark
brown with a slightly darker brown border. Many years ago I used to
have a car with exactly this type of carpet and border.

I also want another piece in the same style 3' wide by 19' long.

Please don't suggest rugs. No one makes rugs in those dimensions at
anything like a reasonable price. And please don't suggest
wall-to-wall. I have to be able to roll it up and take it with me. It
cannot be attached to the floor in any way.

So where do I find a description of this, in particular the
trimming/binding/hemming preferably with some nice cheap prices?

Try a local carpet store.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit