Old Nick

Default LP tank valve removal UPDATE

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:46:21 -0600, David A. Webb
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:46:40 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

Hmmmm... I had the tank inverted until all of the liquid was purged,
and I then left the valve open all night...

Did you leave the tank inverted all night? I do not know how much
explosive stuff would be left, but that would sure alter the LPG-Air
ratio from leaving it upright.

No. As soon as all of the liquid was purged, I sat the tanks upright.
(and left the valves open)

Dave

Being a bit sarky here, but the _exact_ following requirement holds
very true here, if reasonable safety is to be assured.

Now that was a part of the procedure that needed clarification. So was
"warmed".

My point is that if filling the beasty with water, after purging a
couple of times, or some other method can make it _obviously_ safe
(within the limits of going to work on the Clapham Omnibus), then your
way could be dangerous if any of the steps was not carefuly described
and understood, then followed to the letter. I do NOT know the math of
how dangerous the result could be, I admit, but if any liquid were
left, or if "warm" was too hot, then there could be problems.

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured
by man's. There would be nowhere to go.
Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.