Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Painting - Estimate For Applying Kilz

clipped

As long as I'm requesting opinions: The customers also want their basement
walls painted. They have concrete block walls, approximately 160 linear feet
by 7" high. This is about 1120 square feet of painting - a lot easier than
painting a garage, but still non-trivial. Any estimates for applying one
coat of Kilz? He will probably turn down this job also, but what is a
reasonable estimate to complete it?

Thanks,
Gideon

First, don't deal with your son's customers. He is an adult, let him be
one. If the owner's did not like the terms of the bid, they should not
have hired him. Bitching about the time involved when the work is
satisfactory is just bullying. I would encourage him to finish the job
gracefully and be sure never to go back. Does he have a license?
Insurance? People who allow the work and demean the way it is done are
slobs - if they don't like his work, they should dismiss him and pay for
work done. If they do like his work, they should shut up and let him
work.

The only time I have ever had interior painting done by contractor was
for our living/dining rooms - 600 or 700 sq feet floor area, trim, three
louvered doors and three plain doors. Primed ceiling, one coat paint.
Three days, I believe.

Anyone who wants all that work done in one day is an arse. Standard
answer to those kinds of complaints is that I do my best and I hope you
are pleased with the results.