Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default Follow-up

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 07:56:50 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

On 10 Jun 2006 20:54:41 -0700, wrote:

Might have been a bitch to sand off if the repeated coats of Jasco didn't soften
the finish first..

Might have, but I wouldn't count on it. I guess I've found that
partially softened or partially wet finish is far worse to sand than
something that is good and dry because it gums up the paper.

In the interest of protecting our rights and fragile asses, the EPA has dumbed
down paint remover to the level of useless, IMHO..

The stuff in "the day" that you used with mask and gloves took off paint,
varnish, old glue and just about anything else.....

I was advocating the mechanical method, so I didn't toss it in, but
the stuff that Sherwin Williams sells still works pretty well.