Posted to alt.home.repair
Reed

Default How do I repair this faucet ???

Ron in NY wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone identify this kitchen faucet, and tell me how I can repair it
??? After 18 years, it has started to drip. As you can see, I pulled the
handle, and exposed the stem and nut, but it will not unscrew. I flooded it with
PB Blaster, and let it sit overnight, but it still will not budge. This faucet
might have cartridges, and dissassemble differently--I don't know. I've replaced
many washers and washerless cups in my bathroom fixtures (sink, shower, tub),
but this is my first kitchen fixture. I put a wrench on the hex, and tried to
turn it both ways, but it will not budge. When you turn the handle to start the
water flowing, the stem DOES NOT screw out of the faucet--it just spins and
starts the water flowing. There is a "U" shaped clip on the stem, at the nut
that you can see clearly in 1 of the pictures--that's what makes me think that
there is a whole cartridge in there, rather than a stem and washer. Can anyone
tell me how to dissassemble this faucet ???

RON

Pictures located at:

http://home.computer.net/~rong/MVC-001S.JPG
http://home.computer.net/~rong/MVC-002S.JPG
http://home.computer.net/~rong/MVC-003S.JPG
http://home.computer.net/~rong/MVC-004S.JPG
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Have a look here for drawing and part list
http://www.guillens.com/gcat/classic/21_184.htm