Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default TV shows stripes/lines at the top of the screen

"-Almazick-" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks a lot for the answer. Sorry for not posting the model because I
did not think it was very important just because it is a general problem.
I spent all night reading tv problems and found similar problem with the
same answer. I was wondering where can I get Service Manual for Panasonic
CT-24SL14J or just a schematic to find bad capacitor in the vertical
deflection? I checked IC yesterday but I couldn't find a bad capacitor by
an eye.

By eye? No good in this case. Testing with an ESR meter or substitution is
the way to do it. If in doubt, just change all the electrolytic capacitors
in the vertical deflection area, they aren't expensive parts and it could
prevent further trouble.

Dave