Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

Default TV shows stripes/lines at the top of the screen

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:49:40 -0600, "-Almazick-"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks a lot for the answer. Sorry for not posting the model because I did
not think it was very important just because it is a general problem. I
spent all night reading tv problems and found similar problem with the same
answer. I was wondering where can I get Service Manual for Panasonic
CT-24SL14J or just a schematic to find bad capacitor in the vertical
deflection? I checked IC yesterday but I couldn't find a bad capacitor by
an eye.

Look for an IC on a heatsink, possibly an LAxxxx type. Then download
its datasheet and study the application circuit therein. You will see
several electrolytic capacitors. You may as well change all of them -
they are cheap enough.

BTW, in Australia you would be entitled to a free warranty repair on
the grounds that your one year old (?) TV is not of merchantable
quality. This is despite the fact that the manufacturer's voluntary
warranty is only 1 year.

- Franc Zabkar