Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Condos-common walls

" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
" wrote in
ups.com:

Then there are intrusive rules like no satellite dishes allowed,

IIRC,Federal law prevents that as long as you mount it on your own
property,not any common property.(For 18 inch dishes.)
Of course,if you don't have line-of-sight from your exposure,then you're
SOL.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Just went thru that this week with a friend, the condo marketers song
and danced around the law finally told my friend we will not sell to
you if you demand a dish. They didnt want them on the front of the unit
which happended to be where it had to go

You buy(don't "demand a dish",that's idiotic.),-then install your dish,then
stand up for your rights under the law.(IF they try anything..they may
already know they have no legal basis for their rule.Let them try to trump
Federal law!)

And you can use concealment or disguise so it doesn't look like a dish.

I pointed out federal law said he could put it on his front porch, a
argument started that their covenants come before any federal law.

HARDLY.
The Federal law was enacted in response to such tactics.
But..if you're not going to stand up for your rights....
then you pay thru the nose for broadband cable.

with
that kind of attitude what other trouble is he in for.

incidently the current law is one meter.

time will tell they ended up allowing the dish but hit him up for 2500
bucks for ethernet wiring pure rip off...
at
kua.net

--
Jim Yanik