Gary Coffman

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 05:19:55 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:50:23 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:
They have stole my
gun, wedding ring, chicks, and others I shouldn't get into .

Cops have stolen them? ANd the other stuff you shouldn't mention?

The primary reason I left law enforcement was corruption of police
officers in the several agencies I worked with or around. I was not
about to be associated with police officers that routinely shook down
farm workers (they keep their money in their socks), sold drugs, or ran
prostitutes for farm labor camps.

I know a quite a number of instances, where an individual was stopped, a
legal firearm was confiscated for "investigation", and no record was
ever made, nor did the arms ever make it to the station.

While they may be public servants..not all of them are Officer Friendly.
And no..I dont trust many of them, even the ones I know well, I keep an
eye on.

Indeed. In 1986 there was a burglary of my home while I was on vacation.
Among other items, several guns were stolen. The detective assigned to
the case wasn't really interested in solving it (long story). I was. So I did
the legwork and tracked down the thief myself.

I caught him as he was coming out of another house and held him for
the police. They were then able to get a search warrant for his place,
and recovered some of my property.

One item the detective *said* he didn't recover was a custom Browning
Hi-Power. Imagine my lack of surprise a few weeks later when I spotted
that same detective *wearing* my Browning in my custom holster.

I wasn't stupid enough to accost him about it, but I've lived here a long
time and know some people. I made a phone call, and the next day I got
a call from the detective telling me that the Browning had mysteriously
turned up.

Gary