Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Remove Stucco

"C. Bailey" wrote in message
news:6hCig.28606$A8.7053@clgrps12...
I need to remove all stucco from the exterior of my house to put on wood
siding. I would like to cut the stucco just below the soffit line, so that
I do not have to redo all of the soffits. What is the best tool for
cutting along the soffits? I have a lot of cutting to do......

Do you have any tricks for removing the stucco? I was thinking of a flat
shovel (like a roofing shovel).

Chris

4 1/2" peanut grinder with a diamond blade. You could use a circular saw
with a diamond blade. Those abrasive blades work but MUCH more work and
dust. What I did was hold the grinder in one hand a shop vac hose to catch
the dust. You will still need to pry it off the walls. I cut squares about
2' by 2'. You will get the hang of it. Face shield, dust mask and you will
whish you never started, it aint fun.