Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Follow-up

I took the recommendation of " and used Jasco's
Premium Paint & Epoxy Remover because it claimed to:

1. remove tough and easy coatings including paint, epoxy, urethane,
latex, lacquers
2. be fast-acting in 5-15 minutes
3. remove "multiple coats with one application".

I used a new paint brush to flow the remover on in a thick coat in one
direction. I waited 15 minutes (until surface was blistered). I
removed the finish with a plastic spatula.

After following the above process FOUR times, almost all of the
original finish remained. Jasco wasted my money and wasted my time.

I then used a DeWalt Heavy-Duty 1/4-Sheet Palm Grip Sander. I started
with 80-grit sandpaper and it removed ALL of the finish very quickly
and cleanly. I then used a 150-grit sandpaper and finished with a
220-grit sandpaper. FANTASTIC RESULTS!!