Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad

Default New ceiling fan -- worked about 10 seconds then stopped, help!

On 10 Jun 2006 13:49:28 -0700, Steven wrote:

Hi,
I have just installed a new ceiling fan in my living room. (Hampton
Bary Berlini)
I have the power on, and using the remote I was able to start the fan
spinning on LO, I then put it to MED and it did not speed up, but
rather coasted slowly to a stop. Now I cannot get it to operate at any
speed.

The remote is still causing the fan to click, so I'm fairly confident
it is getting my signals...it does not seem to be working however.

There's not much that can go wrong. Either you have line voltage supplied
or you don't (assuming you didn't do anything silly like have a
dimmer in the circuit).

You probably have a dud unit.