Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default 3 handle style shower diverter

Eigenvector wrote:

Okay, I've gotten myself into a jam that I can't seem to figure out.

I'm removing the diverter in my shower (handle style, not tub spout) to fix
a leak. So I removed the handle, removed a nut inside the assembly with a
plumber's socket. And let me just add something here - 27/32????? Who in
the hell thought that was a good sizing for the nut! calm down Okay, so
anyway I removed the top nut with the socket, but the problem is there is a
second nut under it, larger in diameter that the first nut screwed into.
What do I need to do to remove the diverter if I want to clear and/or
replace it? I can't get my socket around it because it is almost flush with
the pipe surrounding it. Does the pipe covering it come off, it didn't seem
like it unless I just need to yank REAL hard. If the pipe comes off, then
what's the point of the plumber's socket?

Anyway, how does this thing come out?

Well at least I can put it all back together until someone is kind enough to
explain how the diverter is put together.

You'll need a mfr name or pics of the unit.

Do a Search (or post new query) he\
http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...x.php?f-5.html