Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default A giant oil tank - how to dispose?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"miamicuse" wrote in message

I am trying to figure out how to remove and dispose of this thing. I
have
asked the tree guy who came to remove tree stumps and he wouldn't touch
it,
I have asked trash removal companies and they wouldn't touch it says I
need
someone special...

Who should I call? Hazardous waste disposal unit?

You are fortunate that it is above ground. Below ground, it would entail
soil testing and a bunch of other potential problems. Call a fuel oil
dealer in your neighborhood. They will probably not remove it, but they
will know who will.

You got that right. were entering are 3 year battle over some property
that had old fuel tanks buried. I'm at the point of giving the property to
county of Marin Ca. as a right off.