Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Passively-cooled larder design

"Derek ^" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:57:37 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

For fruit and vegetables, the fridge is too cold (and too dry) and the
room is too warm. I would also like to be a little less reliant on
energy
use to keep things cool, especially when careful design could obviate
the
need.

I would too. I've had to learn to live with it.

Inner city Leeds is comparitively warm. I have nowhere to air-dry hams

Wasn't York famous for hams, just 20 miles away?

25 in fact. But York hams are dry cured, not air dried.

How do the Spaniards manage it ?

They probably have wind machines these days. You don't think that it's
naturally air dried do you? If so, you probably think that sun dried
tomatoes are laid out in the sun ... :-)

Mary

DG