Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Passively-cooled larder design

"Jason" wrote in message
.uk...

I live by the sea in the far North of England, so it never gets *too* hot,
and never gets *too* cold. What we do have, is a cool sea breeze, so the
air is seldom still, and fierce gales that blow down from the North. The
breeze I could probably make use of, but the gales certainly need to be
kept out of the main living area of the house.

Quite. Anything 'passive' will be a compromise.

For fruit and vegetables, the fridge is too cold (and too dry) and the
room is too warm. I would also like to be a little less reliant on energy
use to keep things cool, especially when careful design could obviate the
need.

I would too. I've had to learn to live with it.

Inner city Leeds is comparitively warm. I have nowhere to air-dry hams and
can't even keep root vegetables through the winter :-(

Mary

-- JJ