Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

Default Passively-cooled larder design

"Jason" wrote in message
k...

"Tom" wrote in message
Jason wrote:
Does anyone have any tips on where I can look for details on how to go
about designing/specifying/building a passively-cooled larder for a
kitchen? We are having some structural work done, and being able to
incorporate something like this would be great.

I've done a little search, but not really come up with anywhere good to
start.

-- JJ

There are some ideas about passive cooling on these pages which might be
useful:

http://www.azsolarcenter.com/design/passive-3.html

Cool - very handy. Thanks.

You might consider incorporating unglazed earthenware pipes or tiles into
your design. Old fashioned butter and milk coolers were made from clay and
had to be soaked in water periodically but worked pretty well. A scaled up
version might be possible.

Cic.