Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Passively-cooled larder design

"Jason" wrote in message
. uk...

"Jason" wrote in message
news
Does anyone have any tips on where I can look for details on how to go
about designing/specifying/building a passively-cooled larder for a
kitchen? We are having some structural work done, and being able to
incorporate something like this would be great.

I've done a little search, but not really come up with anywhere good to
start.

Thanks for the suggestions and tips everyone! Some good leads to follow
up, confirmation of what I suspected was needed, and confirmation that I'm
not mad wanting such a thing in the first place.

Oh you're not! I'd LOVE a cool pantry.

I can't understand how people manage in modern houses where there's no food
storage at all except cupboards in the kitchen. But it seems to me that many
people don't store food, just packets, tins and freezer packs :-(

Mary