Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default air conditioning

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Shopdog wrote:
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The
salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

The uint was a windows and the sales person said that I could put it in
a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000
btu models.

I'm a little bit puzzled by "put it in a room". Any air conditioner needs
to have a vent that is outside the cooled area, otherwise it heats instead
of cooling. Some fit in a window, some have a hose that goes out a
window.

I'm wondering if the OP is a troll or a complete know nothing. AC window
units are commonly referred to as "room" airconditioners as they cool one
room, not and entire house like "central" air. Even "central" air can be
located on one end of the house