Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Condos-common walls

(Good Life) wrote in news:29237-448A4DC3-
:

I can no longer maintain a house so am looking into purchasing a condo.
I would like to know what question I should ask the builder about the
soundproofing in the common walls. I have looked at 3 different
condos. The salesperson at each place gave me a different answer when I
asked about material used between the common walls. I want to buy an
end unit located on the top floor. That leaves 1 neighbor on the side
and one downstairs. Would anyone be able to tell me how I could be
assured of good soundproofing material?

These days,many ordinary apartment buildings are being converted into
condos.(just a name change and interior furnishing refittings)

were the places you looked at orignally built as condos or converted
apartments? the soundproofing may be very different.

IMO,the only way would be to talk with a few residents and see what they
have to say about noise from other units.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik