Posted to alt.home.repair
Avery

Default Swimming pool conversion

On 9 Jun 2006 16:39:02 -0700, "Wayne"
wrote:

I'm considering the idea of converting our 55,000 litre swimming pool
(better known as the money well) into a rainwater tank. It's inground
and made of very thick and solid concrete, with no leaks.
Has anybody out there done this or heard of it being done. From what I
have read, it seems feasible, and the pump on the pool now appears to
be the right power to supply the house.

Any and all hints and tips would be appreciated.

I don't see why it wouldn't work Wayne. The way we have been pushed
rain water tanks over the past few years, i am surprised that I have
not heard of the idea before. There are many older houses around
Sydney that have underground storage tanks and that is really all that
you are proposing. It would be easy to channel rainwater into it and
the standard pump would be adequate to get the water out of it. You
may want to think about a smaller, elevated intermediate tank with a
float valve to act a s a buffer between the pool and the house.

How about talking to someone like Dural Irrigation for some ideas.

http://www.duralirrigation.com.au/on...vigationID=301

Now if I can only convince the better half that we don't need the
pool....

Good luck.