Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default Heat Sensors?

Get an alarm co out, my heat sensors are only in the kitchen and near
the boiler, mine activate at a high temp, I forget the temp but it might
be 350f. If they are in bedrooms etc a smoke detector could be put in
its place, Your alarm system triggers on open or closed circuit, you
could put many things in its place, a Co, smoke, Ng, cold temp, or
motion sensor, it should be just 2 wires hardwired to your panel. You
need your system tested anyway, a pro can do it, or you can. Heat
sensors are common in dusty areas or kitchens where false alarms would
occur such as when burning food, not in general living areas unless the
previous owner burnt his food regularly.