Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne

Default Swimming pool conversion

wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Sorry I meant 5000 litre not 500.

Its a interesting idea. theres the cost of the cover, the filter and
pumps to get the water in the house and the cost of power to keep the
water pumps and filters working.

fi;ltering for toliets etc can be kinda crude, showeing demands much
better.

so assume you have this big tank, and are using water.

how will you replenish the tank?

Wayne
Okay let's take this step by step.
The cover will cost X amount of money which I'm prepared to do, the
filter already exists and is a sand filter, and will cost the same
amount as running this as a swimming pool.
My theory is that as it is adequate as a pool filter, it should be
adequate to filter for showering, washing and toilet flushing, and we
use spring water for drinking and cooking and have done for the last
couple of years.
As to "are you using water", I was considering using alcohol, but as
it's currently full of WATER, and the cost of 55,000 litres of even the
cheapest alcohol in Australia would come to about $120000 dollars, I
figured water was the best way to go.
Therefore, we will use the traditional method of allowing the skies to
administer the additional liquid to the said tank.
For god's sake read the previous posts or don't bother.