Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default Condos-common walls

Good Life wrote:
I can no longer maintain a house so am looking into purchasing a condo.
I would like to know what question I should ask the builder about the
soundproofing in the common walls. I have looked at 3 different
condos. The salesperson at each place gave me a different answer when I
asked about material used between the common walls. I want to buy an
end unit located on the top floor. That leaves 1 neighbor on the side
and one downstairs. Would anyone be able to tell me how I could be
assured of good soundproofing material?

Ask the neighbors how the sound proofing works. See if you can do an
experiemnt........turn a radio on the unit of interest & then go into
the neigbor's unit.

A test is much better than a realtor's (salesperson) assurance.

cheers
Bob