Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Moisture Content Meter?

"Dan Bollinger" wrote:

WOW!! That first bowl is dang near boat shaped!

Canoe shaped is my goal. Thanks for noticing.

You are real close! Just get the ends a wee bit more pointy.

Swing 82"? Do you mean 41" - over the floor

Yep, although I haven't measured carefully to see if it will hit the
floor or ceiling first. I do know that for these large bowls I'll
have to move the ceiling light.

Thought so. I usually think of swing as the radius. Still HUGE! You'll
need to cage it so someone doesn't get whacked coming in from the side.
Sorta reminds me of starting aircraft engines the old fashioned way. I
imagine the pucker factor will be similar. )

I have since turned my second bowl. It is an oval 4" x 18" and 4"
high. Dan