Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy

Default Moisture Content Meter?

Now that is cool. Personally I wouldn't wait to turn the bowls. Walnut
is pretty stable, and you will get little movement, even with wet wood.
Now, I wonder if you could use a power sander on that lathe.
robo hippy
Dan Bollinger wrote:
WOW!! That first bowl is dang near boat shaped!

Canoe shaped is my goal. Thanks for noticing.

Swing 82"? Do you mean 41" - over the floor

Yep, although I haven't measured carefully to see if it will hit the floor or
ceiling first. I do know that for these large bowls I'll have to move the
ceiling light.

I have since turned my second bowl. It is an oval 4" x 18" and 4" high. Dan