Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Screw holes in reinforced concrete

GB wrote:
My garage used to be an air raid shelter, built during the last war out of
reinforced concrete.

I now want to put up shelving screwed to the walls. I have a reasonably
powerful 'ordinary' hammer drill, mains powered. Black and Decker, but
fairly sturdy. This is fine for brickwork, but I'm not so sure about
concrete. Is this going to be man enough for the job, or should I buy/hire
something more powerful?

Also, do I need a special drill bit or will an ordinary masonry drill bit do
the job?

Thanks very much for any help/advice you can give.

Hire a hilti gun....