Posted to alt.home.repair
Cue

Default dog crap makes lawn green

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:06:17 -0700, "AKA Gray Asphalt"
wrote:

| I thought that you meant that dog **** was also called 'google manure',
| funny but dumb, on my part.
|
| "J. Clarke" wrote in message
| AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:
|
| What is is that makes the lawn green around the edges of dog crap?
| Nitrogen? I wonder if anyone has ever stirred up some crap diluted with
| water and spread it on a lawn. It seems to be better than whatever else
| people use and the green seems to stay for a long time around the dead
| center of the ex-crap.

Dog waste poses threat to water
By Traci Watson, USA TODAY

http://www.usatoday.com/news/science...7-dog-usat.htm

Pick up and discard dog droppings from turf areas. The droppings will
burn grass plants if left for an extended period of time.

http://www.hgic.umd.edu/content/lawns.cfm

Make it a habit of regularly picking up your dog's droppings, or
harmful bacteria will grow on it.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_pets_tra...398526,00.html