Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Default Garage is hot

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:20:45 -0400, dk wrote:

My garage is extremely hot. Our car's heat after running make the
situation even worse. I have wooden doors and was considering replacing
them with some sort of insulated doors or would placing some sort of
exhaust fan work better??

TIA

A fan will work well provided there is some kind of cross-ventilation.
I installed a house fan in my garage ceiling, wired to a wall timer
switch. I open the side door which has a screen door and turn on the
fan. This moves the hot air out of the garage plus cools the attic
space. Works great. I doubt an insulated will do much, plus it won't
take out typical toxic garage fumes. Consider planting a shade tree
on the south or west side of your garage.