Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Reciprocating Saw

"davex1001" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello. I'm shopping for a reciprocating saw. Naturally I don't want
to spend a lot of money. What should I look for? Is one brand better
than another??

First of all, congratulations for using the proper terminology. Very few
people seem to know what a recip saw is.

If you want the best, you still can't beat the original Milwaukee brand,
Sawzall. For occasional use, I've used Porter Cable and Craftsman and they
performed well. I've not price them lately, but for a ten or a twenty, go
with Sawzall. If you are using it for one small job and the price is $100
less, I'd go with what was on sale.