Posted to alt.electronics
sean

Default Electric Problem

Sean, could I suggest that you connect the black lead of your meter to
the negative terminal of your battery and leave it there. This gives us
a ZERO Volts reference point. Then tell us what voltage you get at each
of the five switch points, with the ignition OFF, ON and in the START
position. (I'm guessing there is a start position.)

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
I do not get any voltage from the ignition barrel. I am
presuming it's not connected to anything. All I have are
these 4 wires which do show voltage.

There is just an ON, OFF but no START, just an electric push
button to start the bike

Regards
Sean