Posted to rec.woodworking
mojodc3

Default free 3D cad software?

John wrote:
There has been many posts about cad software in the past. However, many so
callled freeware are crippled commercial demo. Since it takes some effort to
learn a 3D cad software, I don't want to spend a lot of time to evaluate a
demo only to discover the feature I need is crippled. Therefore, your advice
is needed.

I'm looking for a free (or the least expensive) cad program that
-allows exact dimensions to be entered (e.g. a piece of wood that is
3.5-inch by 1.5 inch by 8 feet)
-can output the design with all dimensions labeled, like an archetectural
drawing
-can view, rotate in 3D with simple surface (e.g. wood grain)
-can save/print the design

Hey John

I was looking for a cabinet (plus) software program that is free or
very inexpensive and I found a free (full) program.
http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ . The learning curve is a little high
but you cant beat the features - 3-D drawings w/ wood type and cut
list, floor plans can be drawn, I recommened the program, I just fill
out the form and I got a Cd in the mail 3-4 weeks later.