Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Totally off topic

"Dave" wrote in message

Yes sigh

The sun has come out to reveal all the over weight youngsters. Double
bellies and all :-((

Why do they flaunt them though? And stick rings in them too.

It's the pregnant ones that flaunt that I can't stand seeing.

Um. You have a problem with what comes naturally - what you came from and
what the male of the species causes? Seems to have an irrepressible urge to
do in fact?

I don't know how old you are Mary,

67

You are just a youngster then :-)

So some say.

but I reckon that you are about, or older than my sixty years. I have
developed a belly, but there are no love handles on me yet :-)

I'm officially not fat, my gynaecologist told me that! I'm a bit
overweight but apparently that's different.

If you are very active, then your weight might well be down to having
extra muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat.

Is that so?

Well I never!

Or, as my American friends say, "You don't say!"

And this morning my GP said that to prevent more degeneration to my
already severely degenerated spine I had to keep my weight down.

I pretend that means not put on weight, actually I think it means lose
some.

I would tend to agree. You can do this from two directions.
If your weight is due to muscle, sloth around more.
If the weight is fat, then buy smaller plates and eat less.

You're a professional then?

A baby pouch is my way of saying that for every baby a woman has, her body
takes so much stick that it is inevitable that she will not keep her
taught

?

do you mean taut?

Spouse is 8 stones in his clothes at 5' 3". Pah! He eats more than I do.
And his cholesterol is high and he's had a hip replacement and a heart
attack in his forties, he's the wrong type for all those things ... but
he's even more active than I am.

Then his lifestyle is best for a long life, assuming that he does not eat
lots of fats.

He eats the same as I do. I'm responsible for our table.

Ah well, the GP said that my spine won't kill me and it won't get better
so I'll have to suffer for the next twenty years. I don't mind that, if I
am still suffering at 87 it will mean that nothing else has got me.

I would put another ten years on your expectations Mary.

My cancer might prove you wrong.

I attended a very nice funeral this week and one thing I noticed from the
gravestones I passed, was that the age of the deceased was never less that
87 years.

I reckon that if you make 120 you're on to a good thing. You never see
anyone who's died at 120 in the obituaries.

Mary