Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default Totally off topic

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

There aren't all that many mines these days. There still are chimneys
though.

I think that when they reach the age of 14 years, particularly when they
have been brought up in the USA, they will be a little too large for that
job :-)

Oh - I hadn't thought about that.

Probably too large for mines too then ...

On this subject...

I have noticed that there are very few slim line people about these days.

Yes sigh

The sun has come out to reveal all the over weight youngsters. Double
bellies and all :-((

Why do they flaunt them though? And stick rings in them too.

It's the pregnant ones that flaunt that I can't stand seeing.

That's a belly with a fatty hangover, for them as not knowing.

Tthanks for that.

You are welcome, but I assume that it does not apply to you then :-)

I don't know how old you are Mary,

67

You are just a youngster then :-)

but I reckon that you are about, or older than my sixty years. I have
developed a belly, but there are no love handles on me yet :-)

I'm officially not fat, my gynaecologist told me that! I'm a bit overweight
but apparently that's different.

If you are very active, then your weight might well be down to having
extra muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat.

And this morning my GP said that to prevent more degeneration to my already
severely degenerated spine I had to keep my weight down.

I pretend that means not put on weight, actually I think it means lose some.

I would tend to agree. You can do this from two directions.
If your weight is due to muscle, sloth around more.
If the weight is fat, then buy smaller plates and eat less.

Pinch an inch? only on my belly. And only just :-)

I'm just generally well covered, we used to call it matronly. But not with a
double belly, thank goodness, nor even a double bum.

At our age, what do you expect?

And after bearing all those children in a short time.

I have bored children for a living :-)

I know a woman gets a baby pouch after birth, but I am talking if girls in
their twenties. I see them daily in school.

I didn't have a baby pouch (never heard that!) but I did put on weight with
each one.

A baby pouch is my way of saying that for every baby a woman has, her
body takes so much stick that it is inevitable that she will not keep
her taught looks for ever and to be proud of the pouch.

Spouse is 8 stones in his clothes at 5' 3". Pah! He eats more than I do. And
his cholesterol is high and he's had a hip replacement and a heart attack in
his forties, he's the wrong type for all those things ... but he's even more
active than I am.

Then his lifestyle is best for a long life, assuming that he does not
eat lots of fats.

Ah well, the GP said that my spine won't kill me and it won't get better so
I'll have to suffer for the next twenty years. I don't mind that, if I am
still suffering at 87 it will mean that nothing else has got me.

I would put another ten years on your expectations Mary.
I attended a very nice funeral this week and one thing I noticed from
the gravestones I passed, was that the age of the deceased was never
less that 87 years.

Dave