Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Driveway setback, sneaky neighbor

I'm not sure about the deed restrictions and there's no home owners
association involved. As far as I know he can store his boat on the
side of his house on the grass which is what he had been doing in the
past. I guess that building a parking pad was more convenient for him.
He obviously didn't think about our propety since he went and buried
the downspout from the roof under the parking pad. Now all of the water
from his garage flows onto our property. I'm concerned about soil
erosion and our property values. What do you think is my next step? Can
I file a petition to get his to remove this structure?
lee_houston wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
The wall is a interlocking brick wall about 2-3 ft high. He added a
truck load of class 5 gravel to the top of the wall thus creating a
parking pad off of his driveway. My issue isn't the wall it's the fact
that he built this parking pad (driveway) which is about 24 ft feet
long. Long enough for his trailer and boat. It's not just a brick wall
like he claims.

by chance, are you and your neighbor under deed restrictions? If so
read your restrictions and see if this construction is allowed. Is a
homeowner's association involved? if so, go to them to enforce
the restriction if applicable?

in a city? does city permit storing boat/trailer on residential lots?
if not, call PD for enforcement.

lee